Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter with S95! woo hoo~

Yes, I finally get my Canon S95! Have been eyeing for few mths and finally it is mine now. Of cos great thank you to Jasmine for the connection.. tsk tsk!!

The promoter briefly explained the functions to me, ok quite standard and easy to use (I suppose) but I'm interested with the Manual function, I guess this is a good start for me to master.

Nevertheless, the long weekend is finally here! yeah~ we have been yearning for so long! With such happy occasion, the JEMs are out on a makan trail - Singapore Flyer (not forgetting the hell-alike weather that dehydrated all of us!)

.
So-so dim sum, an uncle pissed me off when I ordered these..

.
Amazed by the way they served the drinks. Old skool & retro.

IMG_0005
Must Try! Must Eat! I <3 it.. Thanks Mel for recommending. This rojak is really fantastic!

.
The weather is really a killer~ cold frizzy drinks are not enough to cool us down. We ordered these ice balls (aka ice kachang) with more tons of ah tap chee..

I realise food images are toughest to capture. Food are 'expression-less', how can we share the 'taste' via a static picture. I tried to google for some tips and was told a solid background is needed as it better brings out the colors and 'taste'. Not forgetting the lighting and the angle too, they plays a huge role in it too.

Here's my second try @ Box & Sticks. It is new startup, selling fusion Japanese food; located at 14 Ailwal Street. They open till 2.30am on Fri and Sat, great supper place to recommend.

.
Carbonara served in bento box.. That's explain the box, Nice~

IMG_0010
Miso something... taste ok..

.
Mentaiko (明太子) cream pasta. I will always try this dish at most western japanese restaurant because I had it in Japan, the taste was really divine! I yet to find that taste in Singapore so if you ever know something serving this (& taste good) do let me know. =)

.
Yakotori! Here's the sticks.. quite nicely braised. 很入味!

Is my second attempt better? You got any tips to share? =P

Once again, Happy long weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment