Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Visit Old Kallang Airport this Biennale!!

IMG_0017

Have you visited the Singapore Biennale?

There are couples of venues this year, the unique ones are Marina Bay with the Merlion Hotel & Old Kallang Airport. We headed to Old Kallang Airport last weekend, wanting to test my S95 (again!) I so <3 this camera~

.

Rafael Lozano-Hemmer is an artist who develops interactive installations at the intersection of architecture and performance art. This pcs of work uses the our shadows to tune into different radio frequencies, translating human bodies into antennae and providing a constantly shifting visual and sonic rendering of Singapore's radio spectrum.

So here am I, trying my best to detect the radio waves. Ta dah~ & I got 91.3fm.. =D

IMG_0031
These are made of papers~ amazing yeah? I'm so impressed by the effort put in by Michael Lee.

His work entitled Office Orchitect, consists of the studio, office and home of a fictitious architect called K S Wong – earnest, hardworking and serious, whose practice, the artist considers to be "anally rigorous". More work from him..

.

.
Lee is so detailed in his work.

Don't be shocked by the next pcs of work, which is also the highlights!
IMG_0039

.
This is the interior. He crafted each pcs of paper and overlay each of them on top of one another, layer by layer. The house is almost 0.5m tall, can you imagine the time and effort put in? I'm beyond impressed totally.

Coming up next... I must give a good introduction on this.. 3000 primary and secondary students are invited to present a Self Portrait! See what I've got from this primary sch boy.

IMG_0046
Very talented I must say but a little mouse sneaking to NIGHTCLUB as his self portrait!!? Seriously, I've got no idea what he is thinking.

.
My best picture of the day!!

.
These 2 pictures are taken at the hangar.

Another 'interesting' art to share, created along the stairways of Kallang control tower. I don't have any pic to show because the cleaners had thrown away the art by accident. It was completed indirectly by Nedko Solakov. Why indirectly? Because he fear of flying hence, rather than traveling to Singapore, he invited a Singaporean do the display on behalf.

Of cos there are more to this but these are the few which I think are worth sharing. Do support Singapore Biennale and pay a visit before 15 May. You get free entry on Sundays!

cheers, =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow de last 2 pics r nice! I didn get the chance to go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until 15 May, u can still catch it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete