Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Is GE over?

No it hasn't!! Until today, I CAN still see post/comments about GE on FB. Ppl are still criticising to an extend that I think it is getting personal.

The common target of cos is no one else but TPL. Some said TPL is immature, bimbo etc.. Paying her $15K a mth is a waste of taxpayers' money. Com'on, ask yourself this question, do you have what it takes to be there to run the GRC, not to mention to be in Parliament? Yes, she may be young and inexperience but compared to you who start a petition on FB, tweet negative comments abt her & her Kate Spade, who is more immature?

I personally feels that ppl opposed for the seek of opposing, just because you want to be different, I guess. Take my home town for example - Tampines. The opposition party is NSP, what have NSP done for us? I don't feel nor see anything.

Everyone has their own thinking, own opinion. As much as we dislike 1 person in the whole GRC, we can't fault the rest for their effort. I've stayed in Tampines for almost 20yrs. From nothing till now a 'mini Orchard Road'. We got Tampines Mall, Century Sq and the latest Tampines One. Everything is within reach. And from Sun Plaza park to the new Eco park that was launched last week. And if you're aware, there is also an University coming up at St 82. Now, you tell me who is more vote-worthy??

Last but not least, I'm a little unhappy when I saw someone posted that the men in white only work 9 days in 5 years. Com'on! this is utterly RIDICULOUS!! Every day you read the papers, you can see at least 1 or 2 articles about Sg government. Who says they only work 9 days in 5 yrs? How about the opposition party? Many of them just popped out from nowhere, I feel. (Ok, this may be a too personal comment).

In overseas or undeveloped countries, ppl vote for a change. A REAL change. But for Singapore, all we care is about personal development, about money.

We opposed because we cannot get a BIGGER house. We opposed because we cannot buy a car or a even more luxurious car due to height in COE. We opposed that transportation is too expensive, too crowded. We opposed because our workplace is not at my door step. Next time, before you oppose, please think again.

Children in some rural places may never get a chance to attend school. Some may even walk bare foot for hours just to get to school. Developed countries like Japan, their transportation is even higher. They have the smartest technology but Japanese still try for hours to get to work.

Nevertheless, the dust has settled. Life still goes on. I hope Singapore citizens can undertake a 'wider mind', an open heart.

The above comments are purely based on my personal view. It is not targeted nor trying to vitimise at any one nor party.

No comments:

Post a Comment