Saturday, May 7, 2011

Splitting Headache!!

I've been having headache for the past few days or rather the entire week! And it usually strike after lunch & will last thru the day. Sometimes even medication doesn't seems to work.

I've googled some interesting tips to share on how to cure headache without medication. Yet to try them myself but some really sounds absurd.

  1. Never let your rows of teeth meet each other any other times than when you are chewing something. There's no need to go around gaping like a fish - it's easily achievable to keep your lips closed without letting the teeth meet each other - but a small ventilation hole makes things easier. Sounds complicated.
  2. Put an ice pack on your head or on the back of your neck, and you will find that your headache slowly dissipates. For better results, put your feet into warm water while icing your head. Your headache will disappear quickly.
  3. Drink a big cup of coffee can often make that pain in your head disappear like magic. Caffeine is commonly used as pain relievers. I thought the more we should avoid caffeine?
  4. Food allergy also causes headache. Hence you need to find out the culprit. I didn't know that food allergy can cause headache too. Thought only rashes etc.
Do you have any remedy to share?

Another cause that I know of is clenching teeth, also known as grinding teeth. Just like some people snore, I grind, at least not as loud right?

Anyway, grinding is like snoring. It happens only in our sleep unknowingly. No.1 culprit is due to STRESS! Am I really SO stress? I guess those invisible stress has been haunting me. The best person to cure this is of cos your Dentist! Despite my fear of visiting the dentist, I think I should better make an appointment to visit her soon.

Headache go away, don't come again another day! (*sing)

1 comment:

  1. Take care! Try a cup of warm milk before u sleep, it helps.
    Problem is, de weather is too hot!

    ReplyDelete