Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ho Chi Minh City Museum

Next place I want to introduce to you is Ho Chi Minh City Museum - Viện bảo tàng Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh.

This place is SO boring!! Not much of exhibits to see and the current ones are all in Vietnamese language, how to expect us to understand. English translation is too limited.

Anyway, pix speaks louder than words. Here you go~

.

IMG_0096
We spotted a couple taking wedding pix at the museum, lol! Something in common I guess.. Somehow, I feel that the building looks like our old Supreme Court.

.
Grand entrance. I realised that sometimes the pix I took tends to be slanted. On my screen it looks fine but the moment I snapped, it will be slanted. How can I overcome this problem?

IMG_0101
Let me perks you up! This post gonna be boring as this place is boring-est ever!

.
2nd example, slanted more to the right again!

Oh yes, yet to introduce the hotel - Windsor Plaza Hotel, it is a 5* hotel located at District 5. HCM city is divided by Districts & each district has their own 'identity'. For instance District 1 & 2 are well known as the City, also the business districts. District 7 is the upcoming 'Korean' town, District 5 is known as Chinatown (This is where I've stayed) & the airport is located at District 11.

For convenience seek, we suggest tourists to stay at District 1 as this is where all the highlights are. The places that I've shared so far are mostly located at District 1. Of cos there's a price to pay for it, the hotel rates! A 4* hotel at Dis. 1 cost abt USD100-120 per night.

At Windsor, my rates was USD85 per night (see the difference?) for a 5* hotel. The hotel provides hourly shutter service to Dis. 1. Good choice? You decided. =)

.
IMG_0109
Interior of the room. Even though it is a 5* hotel (based on Vietnam ratings) you shouldn't compare it with our own 5* hotels, there's still room for improvement I must say. So don't say I didn't warn you.

IMG_0121
Me & Sis at On Top of The Town, a sky deck chilling out place located at 25th level of the hotel. Overhere, you can view the night scenery of the whole HCM city. Romantic! BUT the pix I've captured turns out to be yucky =(

IMG_0123
I found this at the supermarket, similar to our luncheon meat. Thought I should specially dedicate this to my close fren, Jenn Fong. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment